Welcome to the Australian Consulate-General in French Polynesia
The Australian Consulate-General in Papeete is Australia’s official diplomatic mission in French Polynesia. It maintains Australia's relationships with the French state in French Polynesia and the French Polynesian government, and provides consular services to Australian and Canadian citizens in French Polynesia.
Public opening hours are from 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Australian Passports - All Australian new passport applications lodged overseas must be lodged in person. Some renewal applications can be lodged by mail. Additional overseas fees apply.
Visa for Australia - French nationals with a valid French passport are generally eligible to apply online for an eVisitor visa. Australian citizens must travel to Australia on an Australian passport.
Latest News and Events
Follow us on Facebook to receive updates on Australia-related news and events.
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs, Senator the Hon Penny Wong
- Australian Minister for Trade and Tourism, Senator the Hon Don Farrell
- Australian Minister for International Development and the Pacific, the Hon Pat Conroy MP
- Australian Assistant Minister for Trade, Senator the Hon Tim Ayres
- Australian Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs, the Hon Tim Watts MP