Australian Consulate-General
Papeete, French Polynesia

Immigration Citizenship and Border Protection

For specific COVID-19 information and instructions from relevant authorities in Australia (including on travel and quarantine exemptions) and in French Polynesia, please consult our home page.

The Australian Department of Home Affairs does not have an office at the Australian Consulate-General in Papeete and the Australian Consulate-General in Papeete does not process Home Affairs enquiries or applications.  Visit the Home Affairs website for further information regarding visas, citizenship and border protection (including customs). If you are unable to find the information you need on the Home Affairs website, phone the Global Service Centre.

You can apply online for most Australian visas and citizenship through ImmiAccount. This is the preferred and most efficient way to apply. Home Affairs advises visa holders can also verify their visa details and conditions using myVEVO.

Home Affairs advises you should not book flights or make travel commitments until you have an appropriate visa to travel to Australia. Home Affairs further advises it will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or where an application is unsuccessful. Home Affairs also recommends foreign travellers hold a passport valid for at least six (6) months.

Australian citizens must travel to Australia on an Australian passport.

Home Affairs also provides the following advice to assist with enquiries:


Contact Home Affairs

If you have read this information and still need more information or help, you can contact the Visa Office at the Australian High Commission in Suva using the online Australian Immigration Enquiry Form and selecting 'Suva' as the as the overseas post responsible for French Polynesia or phone the Global Service Centre on +61 2 6196 0196​.


Canadian Visas

The Consular Sharing Agreement with Canada does not extend to foreign nationals needing information on or assistance with Canadian visas, transits, immigration, biometric data collection, work, study, taxation, trade or social security. These matters are managed by Canadian Immigration and Citizenship Services. Foreign nationals should contact Canadian Immigration and Citizenship services directly for advice and assistance.